Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 141 - Putting on the "stile"

Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There were some great ideas and images in our last SFTW Golf Course challenge. This week, I thought we should take a walk without the clubs and have modelled and rendered this countryside stile, using Blender 3D , Adobe 3D Painter and XFrog. So now we have the country scene, what will you do to bring it to life?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at its full pixel size, and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW141Stile.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm said: “Putting on the ‘stile’”

Putting on the “Style” !

SFTW141Stile JE 01.jpg

Dave, this render is beautiful and the detail is impeccable! Nicely done!

SFTW54 Lifestyle

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/something-for-the-weekend-part-54-lifestyle/m-p/1...

~ Jane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane.

You do realise that you have driven over the butterfly in that flash car. Was it a competitor?  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha! Your butterfly didn't get squashed, Dave, it flew off to find some friends. 😊

SFTW141Stile JE 02.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it's like all around the NC 500 in Scotland !!

Countryside overrun with fast motors !!!

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EuanWilliamson wrote:

This is what it's like all around the NC 500 in Scotland !! Countryside overrun with fast motors !!!

I could see Dave “Putting on the Style” on the NC 500 in Scotland in this car — except he’d have to model the back end first! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

I 'so' want someone to recognise the origin of :  

"And today is another cracker, if I may say so."  (name that quote)

My turn now, Trevor.

I want someone to recognize the origin of "Putting on the Style". 😊 Not being from the U.K., I had to look it up!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Lonnie Donegan.  A Medieval Scottish skiffle band leader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Jane. When I added this week's challenge I wondered if we would get Lonnie sitting on the stile and playing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm wrote:

Well done Jane.

Thanks, Dave

My only clue was knowing that you like to use clever puns in your titles, so I knew "Putting on the 'stile' " meant something, I just didn't know what until I went to Google. Here's Lonnie singing "Putting on the Style" for others like me who had never heard of him !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MRT6rJRGk

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I Googled "putting on the stile" the first link I found is pretty funny — Rambling Roy literally climbing over the stile !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ50OR_cGDg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW141StileAviles.jpg

Just before the fall, dressed in "style"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha. Call the health and safety team, that's not going to end well !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my early contributions to SWTW was to put humpty on a wall. You beat me to this Rafael. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Another Dream (I'm Exactly Where I Need to Be)"

SFTW141Stile-WarUnicorn.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the style of that James.

Should I know the source of the words/lyrics?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have inadvertently pulled something from some song but I don't know what. lol

I usually have an idea and just run with it. I've had so many dreams like this where I'm in some random place that I've never been to. They're oddly comforting to me for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it would make a good song title 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google resolves it to two songs.  Well, probably multiple songs because 'Just a dream' has to feature in countless song lyrics.  'I'm just where I need to be', on the other hand, produced only one hit AFAICT in a song by Vincent Vega. An interesting fact is that our Ged designed the cover for the latter song.

TrevorDennis_0-1627162987846.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It reminds me of a quote by Douglas Adams:

"I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be. "

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW141Stile-JLEntry.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shed and the lamp both fit well in that scene Jain. Nice job!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She is back again. (I used for SFTW 119_Bridge cross)

What is she looking for?

K

STFW 141_ Putting on Stile_sm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful glow effect you have created K. What did you do to achieve it? Not sure if I asked this last time. Maybe did and maybe my memory isn't great. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines