• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 142 - Castle in the air

Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were some great ideas in our last countryside "stile" challenge. This time, I thought we should go bigger, as well as much more remote. So, I bring you this castle high in the mountains. What will you do with it? Whatever it is, you better get it done before the weather closes in 🙂

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at its full pixel size, and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW142MountainCastle.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool image, Dave! 

SFTW142MountainCastleAviles.jpg

Did somebody say "Dracarys"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's certainly saved on the heating bills Rafael !  I like the molten rock flowing down the mountain. That might also be the first Game of Thrones reference in SFTW, although someone will now prove me wrong 🙂 

Thanks for your comment on the image. I created it using Blender 3D, World Creator and Adobe Substance apps.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave. Your images are fantastic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit on the big side file wise, so sorry if it takes a few seconds to load.

Castle.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant ! 🙂

I love the cut out slots left after the launch.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Trevor.

Love the rockets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now which movie is this from Mr Bond?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He sure gets around

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, it looks like I'll have to get the Gillette out 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW142MountainCastle_Volc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice change of mood there Dean - it looks a bit warmer too.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another chage to something not as dangerous 🙂
Sky credit: UnSplash https://unsplash.com/photos/GPPAjJicemU 

SFTW142MountainCastle_Sky2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't anger the Gods!Don't anger the Gods!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW142MountainCastle-Animation-JLEntry.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the mythical image Jain. It goes with the angry sky.

The second reminded me of one of those home decorating TV programmes. It's make your mind up time 🙂  Good job with the animation.

Dave

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The animation expresses my indecision about what color I wanted to make the castle... your comment about the home decorating dilemma is funny. I wrote a book on Home Renovation once and basically, that's the underlying thesis.

Also, Dave, when you say, "I created it using Blender 3D, World Creator and Adobe Substance apps," I'm wondering if you have ever presented your process for a Tech Tuesday? If not, I would love someday to see how you work to create such terrific images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jain

I've done a couple of sessions in the past (when they were Tech Wednesday's). I'll see if I can pull something together for a future session. The apps, and my processes, have moved on a bit since then.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click/RightClick to get closer (and Click to get even closer), or ClickHere to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that trebuchet Jacob. It stand near Loch Ness, but should do a suitable job on the castle from that vantage point. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Dave, in my very first SFTW entry it had just made a hole in one; also a round tower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Watcher, Watching from Below"

SFTW142MountainCastle-WarUnicorn.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but who is watching him?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but who is watching him?"

We are of course 🙂

James - You've brought an intriguing twist to the image !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines