• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 155 - By The Sea

Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who took part in our last, signal box, challenge. The ideas were certainly diverse!

For this week I thought we should spend some time by the sea. This is Dornoch beach in the Highlands of Scotland on a quiet day a few years ago. What can you do to bring it to life?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at full size, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW155BytheSea.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW155BytheSea_Aviles.jpg

What a crabby day it turned out to be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - thanks for getting us started Rafael 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW155BytheSea1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot going on there Ged. I recognise that chest 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just doing a bit of recycling 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Pullo, Ender of Worlds""Pullo, Ender of Worlds"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice and atmospheric, as always, James 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the monster cat friendly James?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey ! I missed that, I must need some sleep !!!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to look twice to see the cat 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friend to feline and canine alike...maybe even some woodland critters, too. (Yes, he's that derpy.) 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click/RightClick to get closer, and Click again to get closer still, or Click Here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the plane looking for a spot to land or just doing a low flyover? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latter, Dean.

While earning his wings in Scotland, Andrew Foyle had won some daring bets like flying under the Forth Bridge, and as a punishment he was appointed to fly the target spitfire in the fine tuning of the Chain Home Radar system, flying a round inland from the Channel coast; and here he succeeded in literally flying under the radar all the way back to the radar station in the first test, including his flying about 10 feet above the water under an arch bridge spanning about 72 feet, wing span 37 feet (Eagle Day).

Click/RightClick to get a wee bit closer, or Click Here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is for Norman, as he loved his Displacement Maps.  We musn't forget JJ, so 'Adobe are no better than they ought to be.  If I wanted bugs I'd get a bee hive!!!' 😠

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gulls in the UK are likely to grab your fish and chips, so it's appropriate that a gull is flying the sign.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sea gulls in Australia behave the same way. They may even try take chips out of your hand. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Plymouth here in Massachusetts, it's hilarious because the gulls hang out at the restaurants on the water, ready to swoop down on any unsuspecting diner outside. I watched my cousin's friend get her lobster stolen right from her plate. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A day on the beach in New Zealand.

Tsanumi.gif

When the 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit Kaikoura in 2016 I was sitting at this computer and my wife Chris was watching the TV.  It lasted two full minutes which was a lot longer than most of the shakes we get.  It started not too bad.  It starts with a rumble like a train is coming up your road, and gets louder and louder till it sounds like that freight train is right outside your window.  The windows were shaking, and my computer screens were moving but I was not too worried.  After about a minute the focus changed from Kaikoura to Seddon which is much closer to us, and the house was moving so much it was difficult to stand up.  Chris was getting upset so I went and sat next to her, and we held on to each other hoping the house wouldn't fall on us.  Lots of small stuff was broken and some floors were cracked, but no major damage.

Check this short video for some amazing stats about that quake.  The one that I love is that the main fault that pushed up the ground up six metres on one side of the fault, and many metres in a shearing movement. This happened over something like 100 kilometres at a speed of two kilometres per second!  That is freaking awesome.   Up till then I'd always looked forward to experiencing a big earthquake just for the excitement factor, but I can promise you that I never want to experience another one like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm lucky to live on a benign part of the world's crust. Clever idea Trevor, I like the shaking beach.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The natural world is simultaneously beautiful and terrifying, capable of instilling inspiration and beauty or inflicting chaos and misery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave's original photo of Dornoch beach is a complete fake.

I have attached the corrected image to show our four seasons in a day climate

SFTW155BytheSea2.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - that's how I remember it 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW155BytheSea-JLemos.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines