Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 171 - Misty Nights

Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks to all who took part in our piggy bank challenge. There were some great ideas and images.

For this week, I've set a scene for you. 'Twas a dark and misty night in old London town....... but what happened next?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below at full size, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW171MistyNight.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 136 Replies 136
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a local - just visited there one day in August while on a Viking Danube River cruise and saw many interesting sites throughout the old city. The danger in Ukraine was foremost in the minds of most of the people we met in countries we visited, in particular Czechia and Slovakia who have taken in many refugees.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor - I mentioned Whack a mole earlier but wasn't expecting this! Nice one.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome Jill.

That was a new one for me, I had to look it up. Nicely placed !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was hard coming up with something for this one, but I gave it the old college try. First time that I've had to use the dodge and burn tools in a while. 🙂 

SFTW171MistyNight_Scout.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Happy image. I hope those streets are safe though, given some of the other spooky entries this week !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Happy image. I hope those streets are safe though, given some of the other spooky entries this week !

Dave

By @davescm

I was wondering what was chasing her.  If you use the Netflix CSI Reveal plugin and change the blend mode to Zombie Resurrection, you get this.

SFTW-171-Monster-chassing-girl.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are cruel Trevor 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be the Cookie Monster chasing her... except I'm not sure he has legs since he lives in a garbage can! Or is that Oscar the Grouch that lives in the garbage can?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be the Cookie Monster chasing her... except I'm not sure he has legs since he lives in a garbage can!

By @Jill_C

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask: are there Girl Scouts in your family @TheOriginalGC ?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not on my side anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mixing the mood up a little bit...

SFTW171MistyNight.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lifts the mood but don't run across that road

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might need a canoe to cross that road now!

I like the painterly effect Warren

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got insomnia waiting for SFTW 172.

SFTW171MistyNight submitted2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an original way to do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a great new take on the image Bob. The insomnia may last a while though, the next SFTW will be in a week's time 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, is the window a photograph or illustration?  It looks so much like something Bert Monroy would create, and I am really hoping that is what it is.  If it is, then it is beautifully done.  Actually, it is so nice and convincing, it could even be a Dave render.  I love the soft shading and highlights.

BTW  if that is you with your back to us, then you look nearly as tough and scary as Leslie's Texan partner. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Bob. I am glad I asked as that is a seriously useful stock image site.  Your window shot was downloadable at 6000 pixels wide, and unless I am missing something, completely free.  Is there a catch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a catch?

By @Trevor.Dennis

I haven't seen one yet. It is a great resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pexels (https://www.pexels.com/) is a great site for free images to be used in any context. Unsplash (https://unsplash.com/) is another is that has free high quality image content   

I'll also giv a mention to Freepik (https://www.freepik.com/) for all sorts of images - photos, vectors, illustrations. It even has Photoshop PSD templates for social media, flyers, banner etc. Is mostly free, some premium content has a cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And let's not forget the imagery we can find from Adobe Stock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A rain scene was inevitable for this image.

SFTW171Rain.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doodle do doodle doody, doodle do doodle doody...  😉

Singing-in-thr-rain.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines