Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 172 - Toss a coin

Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There were some excellent ideas and images in our last, 'Misty Nights', challenge. Thanks to all who took part.

This week we have something different. There are countless coins around the world. In the UK alone, according to the Royal Mint, it is estimated that there are around 29 billion coins in circulation. So I thought we should have our own SFTW coin.

Here is the blank coin. What will you put on it? Also feel free to show it in use.

A quick tip for anyone new to Photoshop, Layer Styles - Bevel and Emboss can be your friend here.

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below at full size, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW172Coin.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 112 Replies 112
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, Chuck, Dean, and Trevor! All I did was reuse my earlier post with "Typeface Dave". I changed the picture and words and kept the effects.

Trevor, I'm sure we'll be seeing Halloween themes, but this could well be the only one about pumpkin pie made from scratch!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My latest entry ever

Click/RightClick to get closer and Click again to get closer still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just got in with that one Jacob 🙂

It could be a shield or a target !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just thinking that it so needs an arrow sticking in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right yous are, Dave and Trevor; that interpretation also influenced the proportions.

I stuck (mostly) to my original concept of a multi metal coin; and afterwards I realized that I have seen parts of it (far too) many years ago: a silver coin with a (narrower) rim of (paler) gold, and (an exhibition of) ancient art from far away with (both reddish and greenish) gold and copper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW172Coin.png

But who is that guy???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're just giving us a 'heads up', Didier 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my 2 cents worth...

My 2c worth!My 2c worth!

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Something for the Weekend Mike. That's nicely done and the background of coins works well with it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, that's clever, Mike! Please post to the current challenge too:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/something-for-the-weekend-part-173-no...

Are you in MD or FL now?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both places frequently! Are you still in VA?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mike Witherell 

Yes, same house in VA! I sent you a PM. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines