• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 78 - The gate.

Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Some great entries for last week's transistor challenge. Those with an electronic background will know that with two transistors you can make a gate. Which gives me the worst segue ever to this week's challenge - a gate. I snapped this on a short walk from home yesterday, what will you now add to bring the scene to life?

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW78Gate.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that was a fast start Trevor and a great way to kick off the weekend.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind fast Dave.  Did you help the lady out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I did. Although seeing her in the field made we wonder whether that actually is 'The Doctor' or is it her sister 'The Vet'?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I missed last weeks SFTW so I thought I'd do 2 for the price of one

SFTW78Gate1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtual_Weekend.jpg

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ELk in the pasture - right at home here and there. About 20 min. from our house.

SFTW78Gate.jpg Last count 110.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week078.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey!

Week078a.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I plead 'Not Guilty'

Rista

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gate can take you anywhere you want to go...

SFTW78Gate-web2048.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only learned a couple of months ago that cows will attack and kill people. So I'm not putting in scary cows into this pasture!

SFTW78Gate 1200 JE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey Jane.  You'll be giving your sister sleepless nights.    That looks a bit like the Wall Street Bull, (as opposed to the other type of bull which Donald Trump speaks).  I've never been to NYC, but I have seen the Charging Bull on the Shanghai Bund. Well seen as much of it as was possible in a city of seventeen million people.

This is my only picture of a bull.  It was every bit as big as it looks from the picture.  I have never noticed before, but seeing all the dust and dirt on the rider, I wonder if he might have been thrown off once or twice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

am I the only one looking at that image and thinking dwarf cavalry?

this is more my style

IMG_5698-Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Blimey Jane. That looks a bit like the Wall Street Bull, (as opposed to the other type of bull which Donald Trump speaks). 

Trevor,

I loved the Fearless Girl in front of the Wall Street Bull, but she’s been moved. Did you take that picture of the bull and rider? Where was it?

New York: Fearless Girl who faced down Wall Street's bull moved to new spot | US news | The Guardian

I used to love rodeos and watching the cowboys ride the bulls when I was a kid growing up in the Midwest. Now rodeos are justifiably being banned in many places due to animal cruelty. My bull is quietly grazing in his pasture, unlike those killer cows.

Take care around cows: warning for walkers

Trevor, you would love NYC not only because you would get to meet Norman, and my sister is more afraid of squirrels than bulls.

Graham, is that an Australian cowboy? An American cowboy would never wear a Henley pullover or suspenders and the 10-gallon hat looks off — maybe it’s the brim? An American cowboy would wear a Western shirt.

Did you make that yourself in Fuse?

Cheers,

Jane

5792EAB8-CC1F-4087-A88B-E03ADE90F146.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Bob - I hope that is not a view into the future. It looks kind of apocolyptic.

Joan - Happy elk !

Rista - Nice flower - I like the way you've used parts of the image.

Ged - We've had a couple of warm days here - but so far I've not seen any rhino moved in

Rafael - it looks like the gateway leads to the Sound of Music!

Derek - That made me laugh - no indeed !

Jacob - those 1960s police cars are making a re-appearance.

Jane - nothing scary about that bull then , oh no!

Graham - the Fuse cowboy fits.

Jane, I was puzzled over your comments until I realised that suspenders means a different thing in the US. In the UK we call those braces. Suspenders are a completely different garment that cowboys definitely would not wear (well not many of them anyway)

Keep them coming!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to do a tripod last week, but ran out of time.

The sound effect for this one is CLICK HERE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Hahaha, Dave, I had to use Google to find out what suspenders are in the U.K. — in the U.S., braces are what the orthodontist puts on your teeth to straighten them.

Henley pullovers, otoh, should be the same to both of us since they were named for the rowing uniform of Henley-on-Thames. My high school had a crew team and most years they were good enough to race at Henley.

Graham, I like your Fuse cowboy, it just has details that make it not an American cowboy, so maybe from someplace else?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those 1960s police cars are making a re-appearance.

Alas, Dave, I am afraid it is the other way round (even literally) for that particular car with that particular driver.

And that may be the last blow to the last hope of any reappearance, initially kindled by the open ending nine years ago allowing for two storylines with Oscar (the already frail former sergeant) put on a respirator, but he outlasted Alf.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48734657

I have sat on this frightful news for a week, until your homely fence forced it out.

what will you now add to bring the scene to life

Aopologizing for my bringing the opposite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, yes that is one of mine.  I twas taken at one of our Agriculture & Pasture Shows.  I was the photographer for them for quite a few years, but two long days carrying 1D bodies with big lenses and a flash on each one is too much for me now.  It had great photo opportunities, and I also did the banner they use which I based on the big parade they end the shows with. All the photos in it are mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my sister is more afraid of squirrels than bulls.

Which sister?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BarbBinder  wrote

my sister is more afraid of squirrels than bulls.

Which sister?

~Barb

The one who had a squirrel come up the pipes and into her toilet!

~ Jane

619EB06A-FF90-4808-AE9E-F6CFA7B0D1BD.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. In that context, yes.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines