• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something For The Weekend — Part 84 — Cloudscape

Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was taken most of the way up Black Birch in Marlborough.  You can drive all the way to the top on a road built to serve the observatory that used to be at the top but you do need permission to access the track.  I tried to pick an image that offered various opportunities for this week's SFTW.  The cloud inversion could be a sea to float on, or a roof for objects to pierce from below.  Or a river, or glacier or a scene from 'The Invasion of the Candyfloss Monsters'.     There is little perspective information which makes it a bit easier...  perhaps.

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.  Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go — whether you are a complete beginner or an expert or somewhere in between.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humor and fun. Don’t be shy — join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200 px on the long side.

To download the starter image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artifacts, right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).  I have downsized the image to 6000 pixels wide.  I can probably upload the original 8500 pixel image to Dropbox if anyone feels they need it. 

Good luck

Black Birch Cloud Inversion.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rafael, are you using the “Remove” filter to check out what’s underneath the pixels? I thought it was still in beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filter is included in the "Enhance" suite that TV shows like SVU, NCIS, and others use...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week084.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW84_sf.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Riding on the clouds

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 5.40.36 PM.png

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Trevor for such a great starting image.

So much fun to work with!

SFTW84_”Beneath the Clouds”.

We miss davescm.

Hope all is well and he is just enjoying some personal time.

K

SFTW-84_clouds_v4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canada Rockies teen vacation.jpg

Teen vacation Canada Years ago. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There is a castle on a cloud

I like to go there in my sleep"

As many times as I've heard Cosette sing this song, I never, ever thought of this as her Castle on a Cloud.

~ Jane

SFTW84CastleInTheClouds 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jane, Joan,

I also felt compelled to make a reference to a certain kind of music, in post #30.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines