• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something with color profiles and soft-proofing is amiss.

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently I've noticed that when exporting an image from Capture One Pro to Photoshop the colors change. Adding that, it seems like even though the workspace is sRGB in both programs, the image in Photoshop looks like a CMYK rendition. Something is lost in the transfer ie. lens profile settings as well as color profile selections. If I edit in LR Classic and export to Photoshop, it's not an issue. I've contacted Capture One Pro and I thought I would write you as well.

Thanks,

Mark Y.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Be sure you are on the latest versions of PS and LR to avoid a bug in the last where the round trip stripped the profile from what came into Photoshop from Lightroom Classic. The newer builds should fix this issue. 
All the images you processed in the buggy version will be untagged, so simply use the Assign Profile command and select the profile you originally asked for (ProPhoto RGB). 

IF you still have issues and are on the latest version that did fix this round trip bug, and you see that the P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure you are on the latest versions of PS and LR to avoid a bug in the last where the round trip stripped the profile from what came into Photoshop from Lightroom Classic. The newer builds should fix this issue. 
All the images you processed in the buggy version will be untagged, so simply use the Assign Profile command and select the profile you originally asked for (ProPhoto RGB). 

IF you still have issues and are on the latest version that did fix this round trip bug, and you see that the Photoshop images are indeed tagged, try disabling GPU in preferences as that might be an issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. Thanks for the quick response. The camera profile that Capture One Pro provides for the Leica M10 is probably the issue. I shoot also with a Canon 5D Mark IV and have no issues editing in Photoshop as far as color goes. I wrote to C1P support to mention this issue. I guess with color I may be using LR for my Leica M10 files till C1P fixes their camera profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines