• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sometimes, Photoshop Pref.s Reset or Rollback few time.

Enthusiast ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for reporting 2 posts today.
But I think I'll have to report something else while I think about it.

Photoshop 24.1.1 , Window10

I don't know the reproduction stage of this. 
Photoshop's preferences/actions/patterns/brush settings are reset literally every once in a while.

Or...... Return to the previous setting.(=Rollback ...? )

You might be curious about the word rollback.
For example, suppose I have a setting of 1. (General Setting~ Brush~ Panel~ Color ICC~ Keyboard Shortcut~ Anything)

And to make my work more efficient, let's say I've organized a few actions, and I've changed the shortcut a little bit more from the previous one. Let's say this is 2.

I always shut down normally, which means that 2 should be loaded next time as well.
But really sometimes 1 is loaded.
And it doesn't load 1 normally. For example, settings such as brushes and patterns are missing. I don't have any. So you have to add it again. 

This is a bug years old, if I remember correctly. But I didn't mind this problem because I always have various settings for my workflow.
But bugs are bugs.

This happened again today.
One thing to note is that, as everyone knows, if you open more than 40 to 50 large layered images of psd, it becomes strange as the GPU goes beyond the real-time limit that it can handle apart from scratch disks, turning off GPU-related functions and turning UI into something clunky.
A lot of people must have been through this.

And I started Photoshop again (not crash, no problem, just for safety) thinking that I opened too much, and I tried to do it the way I originally did.

But something was off. The shortcut key was weird, and the rubber band of the pen tool is off (I always leave it on). I checked that all my brush settings and patterns are gone. Also, I organized the action a few days ago, but I confirmed that it went back to the past.

There may be several errors when Photoshop starts and the settings are loaded, but I'm reporting it today because I have doubts that there will be a part about GPU.
I hope it helps.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it seems that you are not lucky recently.

Did you keep a copy of your old preferences? 

Can you make a copy of the current ones, in case the team needs them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PECourtejoie I always have a copy. Photoshop version, by date (habitually back up the entire settings folder once a week) lol...
So it doesn't really matter if it's reset.
But what I posted was that the feeling of rollback to a certain point in time was stronger than the concept of reset, and that was weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll wait for a team member to answer, so that you'll be able to send the old and current prefs.

But could that be a third party program that makes backups? or a deepfreeze-like software that keeps the programs in a given condition? is is a computer you manage yourself, or is it on a controlled network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jqqerry can you go to Phtosohop Help menu/System info and copy paste the details here? It wont show right away - a moderator has to release them.

In the meantime, have you tried going to Prefrences/Technology Preview and turning on Older GPU mode (2016)? That may help with the batching.

As for the preferences resetting - are you running on an Administrator account? Try going to the Photoshop exe and shift+right-click the exe file and choose "run as administrator" - does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines