• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space bar for handtool not longer available?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m used to it to use the spacebar to activate the handtool which doesn´t work in 22.4.2.

I tried to edit it in the shortcut menu. It was set to "H". Wanted to change it to Spacebar but it says "only Letters from A to Z are allowed" ?!

This interupts my Workflow so heavy. Is there any chance to get back to the old one?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Hey Bojan,

thanks for your advise! But somehow the bug is gone. I started PS this morning and the Handtool/Spacebar works as usual. I didn´t change anything or restarted my mac. Strange!

Have a great start into the new week!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows everything works fine. Have you tried to update to latest 22.5.2 version of Photoshop? Perhaps there is some conflict and some other app is taking that shortcut? Another thing that can help when Photoshop starts with strange behavior is preference reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Bojan,

thanks for your advise! But somehow the bug is gone. I started PS this morning and the Handtool/Spacebar works as usual. I didn´t change anything or restarted my mac. Strange!

Have a great start into the new week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines