• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space Bar no longer works after Photoshop update?

Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.5.3 & 23.0.2, neither versions of updated Phtoshop will function using the space bar? Why? I have to use Option+SpaceBar to insert space in text. Why?

Trying to Live Simply
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

5 days, solved.

janee_0-1639396191678.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce on macOS 10.15.7. Have you tried a different keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both tonite again. I have reset the workspace to my original before update. Neither of Photoshops updates work w the space bar. None of any other applications have stopped the space bar, only Photoshop, BOTH versions. You see in my typing this thread that there is nothing wrong w the keyboard, ONLY both versions of Photoshop. Do I trash them and re-download?

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is no one else reporting the space bar issue?

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a 19,1 iMac w Monterey 12.0.1 and the latest Photoshop. I have gone ahead and uninstalled both versions. Will reload.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck is going on with the spacebar in Photoshop, it doesn't respond. Where is Photoshop support? They say we can chat but they hide the stupid chat window. Im paying 100+ dollars for their service, apparantely they have no freaking support for their software.

The space bar works in all my applications except for Photoshop, and I stupidly believed their updated software worked. NEVER AGAIN. I will wait months before updating.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can downgrade to the last revision that worked:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Sometimes your hardware, OS and latest Photoshop hits a bug and downgrading will at least work for for the time being as you need to get your work done.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing any other reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mineisdoingthesame

Mine is Doing the Same.

Now getting a blueline over roll over???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JustStartedtodayinbothIllandphotoshop????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

The other thing to do is try booting in safemode to disable system utilities: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#safemode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PhotoBoy wrote:

"Where is Photoshop support? They say we can chat but they hide the stupid chat window."

This link has trouble-shooting for the Chat window when it doesn't appear for you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

You can also send a tweet to @AdobeCare for support.

Since this has happened to you on two versions, one strong possibility is that another application has taken over your shortcuts — this could be your browser (most often it's Chrome). Reboot without other applications running to see if it works again.

Jane

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get to Adobe. Safari just sits and never opens Adobe.com.

I cant see a chat window at your links, nor can I get a chat window by following your links.

This is one  [cursing removed by moderator] app.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled all Photoshop applications.

Installed only the latest Photoshop.

Removed the User/Library/Pref/Photoshop 2022 Settings.

Quit Photoshop 2022.

Restarted 2022.

I can't get the tools to work.  I only see a hand for the type tool when selected.

Theygave us updated  [cursing removed by moderator] software.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PhotoBoy 

If the trouble-shooting did not work, then did you try the link to Twitter? And you restarted with nothing else open, not even a browser? Did you download the last version that worked on your computer from the CC app?

The last thing I can think of is to run a check for malware if you haven't done that. You can get a free trial of Malwarebytes or BitDefender if you haven't used them before.

I can't reproduce your issue on my 2017 iMac.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I am working on going back to last years versions. Everything worked until I updated to 2022, then disaster.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure this out. As soon as I begin typing in 22.5.1 Photoshop and no space bar. I haven't a clue how this happened. I have uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled. I have reinstalled Monterey from the internet. What the heck?

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have wiped my HD. Reinstalled Monterey. Migrated all else back. I still have no freaking space bar in Photoshop.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I have wiped my drive completely and installed ONLY Monterey and Photoshop 2022. I still have no space bar spacing. I am going to drop Adobe for a while as they send us [removed by moderator] w no support.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a wired keyboard and a bluetooth keyboard, neither give me space bar in Photoshop. I have spent 4 days trying to get various versions of Photoshop that will allow me to type text using the space bar separating words. I have wiped my SSD, reinstalled Monterey +Photohop ONLY (various versions). Various versions of Photoshop will not recognize the space bar any longer. This started when I updated to 2022 Photoshop. My iMac has a clean install of Monterey+Photohsop+Creative Cloud, alone, nothing else. Space bar works in everything except Photoshop. I cannot add space between words I type in Photoshop. I'm giving up. There are other alternatives. Apparently Adobe could care less as there is no support. Thanks for your previous responses.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 days, solved.

janee_0-1639396191678.png

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad this is finally working for you now, @PhotoBoy , 😊 and I've marked your answer "correct". 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that seem to fix  it. thank you.

Was loosing my mind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that the same fix worked for you @defaultqwb4qpwpr2g7 . Thanks for reporting back! 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I spent a whole day and another hour on useless communication with an unprofessional consultant in the Adobe support service, trying to resolve this problem. And only you helped me. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines