Exit

Space Bar Shortcut Issue - Hand Tool - Photoshop CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

First time I post something here.

I opened Photoshop CC 2018 this afternoon, I have downloaded the last version but it seems that I am facing an issue with the Space Bar as a shortcut to activate the hand tool.

The space bar don't activate the hand tool anymore.

I have read many thread about this issue but none of the solutions are working. I am working on a Mac, High Sierra, I have tried to open Photoshop with cmd+ctrl+option+shift.. nothing. I have reseted all my preferences... nothing.

It appears that the only way to activate the Hand Tool is by using "H". However the hand tool is not working as usual, as it zoom out and zoom in now, whereas it wasn't the case before. I just had to use the hand to move the layer wherever I wanted...

Could you help me with this ?

Thanks !

Also... my knowledge in Photoshop are very poor. I can't even say that I am a beginner.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for the thread. I have closed all my browsers (as advised) and now it is working correctly...weird.

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go to Help > System Info? Click the Copy button and use cmd v to paste the results in your reply.

Are you using a keyboard/trackpad or a tablet. Let us know the model number of your tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I will reply to your second question as I don’t have my laptop with me right now.

I use the cheap Wacom tablet Bamboo.

Regarding the Help information, I will copy paste everything as soon as I have my laptop back, should be later today.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread for possible fixes to the Hand Tool not working: Hand tool (spacebar) isn't working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the thread. I have closed all my browsers (as advised) and now it is working correctly...weird.

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help-

I use my browser for many things while I'm working n Photoshop. The quick key of using the spacebar has worked for years without a browser being open being an issue. Is there a work around for this? Seems silly that I can't have Safari running at the same time.

Hope to hear someone who's better at this than I am:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same issue (noticing it when trying to use spacebar as a modifier when drawing a selection rectangle). The workaround was to close my browsers, and then it all works fine even after I open the browsers again. So just annoying for me rather than any barriers to using Photoshop and browsers at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, tried closing all running apps in the background as well nothing has worked. Please do let me know if there's a way around this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, give this user 10 years of free service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine stopped working and the command space zoom shortcut also. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines