• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

spacebar not switching to hand tool, instantly

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when using a brush, I often press spacebar to move the image and continue painting. First on my machine at home, that has become nearly impossible to do. I press spacebar, and attempt to move, but it doesn't instantly swith to the hand tool, as it has, always, since the beginning of photoshop. Instead it drawas a line.
NOW, it's begun to do this on my office machine. Happens in 2022 & 2023 photoshop versions.
I have 2 imacs from 2020 both with: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7 processors, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 GB graphics cards, and 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM in each....  one is running Ventura and the other has Monterey 12.6
one has a cintiq and the other a wacom tablet.
I've reset the preferences, didn't fix it. This is infurriating and makes it impossible to use photoshop efficiently which is very detrimental to my source of income.
Adobe, please offer me a perfect solution!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try restoring your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back

If a prefs reset doesn't work, go to Preferences > Tools and uncheck "Spring Loaded Tool Shortcuts." Do things work correctly now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines