• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spinning wheel after almost every action in Photoshop 21.2.2 - macOS 10.15.6

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated 2 days ago to 21.2.2 and its bordering on impossible to work in photoshop. Almost every action (opening files, selecting a tool, editing type, using a brush) is followed by about 10/15 seconds of beach ball then i'll get a few minutes grace then it does it again when I move to another part of the image or change tool. Its totally broken my workflow. I've tried many many solutions posted on here and other sites with zero impact. 

Efficiency is 95% and above and doesn't drop during the event either.

here's my mac spec

MACOS 10.15.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB

Any help would be gratefully received. I'd rather not be going back a few versions to solve this issue though.

Thanks in advance, David.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues with Photoshop. Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to open Photo Editor 20 or 19 on my iMac with Catalina 10.15.6

Each time I try to open it the wheel spins forever but nothing happens.

I have tried opening it through Finder, through Organizer, using the Home Page - nothing.

I have uninstalled and redownloaded / reinstalled Photoshop several times with no improvement.

And I'm really getting tired of this. 

You have suggested deselecting "Use Graphics Processor".  Where is that?

Furthermore, when I go to the Adobe site to talk with the Virtual Assistant it tells me I have not registered a product.  However, when signed into Adobe it gives me a list of my registered products, which includes Photoshop.

I am most unhappy with Photoshop and with the support that has not solved my issues.

Don't tell me you're sorry - fix it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing similar/same issue, but am still on Mojave, with a more recent machine:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

3.6 GHz Intel 8-Core i9

24 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

Even while making sure I was using most recent Photoshop version (get info), I got the spinning rainbow. I have also attempted to turn off GPU with zero net change.

Its chewing at over 100% of the CPU when the wheel spins

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 4.34.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From reading various web sites / communities that deal with Photoshop problems it seems there are many of us who are not pleased.

Perhaps we should initiate a world-wide campaign to bring it to Adobe’s attention with threats of poor publicity all over the internet.

Or, we could try something else.

I’ve started to play around with a program called BatchPhoto. https://www.batchphoto.com/
It seems to offer everything I need, which is a few basic functions:

- Batch resize;

- Batch addition of Wordmark.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. 

i got a 2013 Mac Pro..

6-core/ 3.5 Ghz

64 Gb RAM

AMD d500 dual GPUs 3gb/GPU

i should open activity monitor and see what happens when the beach ball shows up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Guys i tried this, check "Legacy Compositing" and restart PS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines