• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spring-loaded tool icon switches on key hold, but tool does not perform the action

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using 24.1 on a Windows 10 laptop, but have had this problem for a number of Ps versions now. Press-and-hold hotkeys to use spring-loaded behavior is successfully showing the correct tool indication icon, but the controls do not perform any action. Specific controls I have checked are using the built-in trackpad and mouse buttons on the laptop. I have confirmed this failure with keys for the following tools: Move, Marquee, Brush, Eraser, Hand, Zoom (both with simple clicking and with scrubby zoom), Wand, Direct Selection. I'm assuming this problem is across all my tools but these are the ones I am most familiar with the keys for. I have played with the spring-loaded key timing setting, though because this is the opposite of what many others have reported (tools assuming springloaded behavior instead of hotkey switching) I didn't expect this to be a fix, and indeed it was not. I have unchecked the box for this option, tried to use the behavior (no good, as expected), and then re-checked the box and tried to use it, again with no success. I am a huge fan of spring-loaded, and don't like not having it available.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried resetting your PS preferences?

Go to Photoshop Preferences/General and clicking "Reset preferences upon quit".

Quit and relaunch PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines