• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spring loaded tools don't snap back reliably when using Wacom Tablet in Photoshop 2019 (Windows)

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I use a wacom tablet. If Im using say rotate tool while im already writing and do: hold R>rotate>lift pen>release R then it will snap back to the previous tool like it should, but if I do: hold R>rotate>release R without lifting pen then it stays on the rotate tool. This is pretty irritating because i draw pretty fast so most of the time it ends up not snapping back.

Hand tool works well though, where even if i lift pen or not it just snaps back anyway. I wish all other tools would work similarly. Im using Photoshop CC 2019. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

Would you mind updating Photoshop 2019 to the latest version? What is your Windows version?

Are your Wacom drivers up to date? Try re-installing the Wacom drivers.

Check this article to learn about recommended settings for using Wacom tablets with Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html.

If this doesn't fix the issue, try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Let us know how it goes,

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

👋 I am having this same issue on PS 23.4.1. My Wacom drivers and firmware are also up to date. This wasn't an issue in older versions of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem, unless I lift the pen, zoom tool will stay enabled. The spring loaded feature wont work. Newest version of Ps 24.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines