• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard ICC Profiles not available

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have recently upgraded my Windows 11 PC from PS6 to the latest subscription version and I'm having an issue with ICC profiles. In PS6 when printing and I opened the Photoshop Print Settings box and selected Photoshop Manages Colors I was able to select a Printer Profile from a large range of standard profiles, such as Grey Gamma, Dot Gain, European/US Web Swop Coated etc. None of these are available now - why?

Cheers
Simon 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only get the profiles that apply for the document's color mode. For an RGB document you should get all the RGB profiles installed on your system. For a CMYK or grayscale document you get the CMYK or grayscale profiles, respectively.

That said, you're not supposed to use generic standard profiles for printing to an inkjet printer. You either get a set of printer/paper specific profiles installed along your printer driver, or if the printer model doesn't come with its own profiles, you set "printer manages color" and let the printer driver handle everything.

An inkjet printer has an RGB interface. It expects RGB data, and the profiles for an inkjet printer are RGB profiles. The final conversion to actual inks is performed under the covers inside the printer driver. If you give it CMYK or grayscale data, that will first be converted back to RGB before processed further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I should have said that I'm printing to a colour laser printer. Having said that, whatever I set the document's colour mode to the choice of profiles remains the same. See attached pictures.

As well as my Xerox laser printer I have an Epson inkjet printer, which is why there are all those Epson profiles there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually install these profiles to the new system? Your word "standard" makes me wonder if you just assume these are profiles on everyone's computer when it's first installed.  If you installed them, are they still in the relevant folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't install them - I always assumed they were installed as part of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines