Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Starting screen not showing, can't create/open files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sicilius_0-1646150678658.png

I had a bug issue, when, after my PC restarted by itself, Photoshop rewrote my working file to 1 layer with just red and black stripes (it didn't autosave the file and there were no other versions of it I could restore).

3-4 hours of agony, research and denying the fact that my work is gone, and I finally accepted the situation, got some sleep and were inspired to start over. 

However, after that the program started acting weird - there's no starting screen, plus I can't create/open files (you can see how it looks on the screenshot)

What I've tried to do to fix it so far, but it didn't work:

- Restart (obviously)

- Reinstall Photoshop (both current and the previous version)

- Delete and set to default all the UI

- Update to Windows 11 (I already had it previously but decided to go back to Windows 10, and now thought that switching back to W11 for the second time might be worth the try)

- Check compability of the PC as well as making sure my graphics driver is up to date (I have only one - RTX 3050)

Can you, please, help me fix it. I use Photoshop on a daily basis for work and studies, so that whole situation caused a lot of trouble.

P.S. I used Windows for troubleshooting and it mentioned that the Photoshop I have is compatible with Windows 8 (which I have no idea why, I've never used it). Maybe there's a way to install the program from somewhere else rather than Creative Cloud app, specifically for Windows 10/11, if there's a way to choose it manually.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Nvm, I found this, and renaming the folder helped!!! 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-home-screen-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nvm, I found this, and renaming the folder helped!!! 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-home-screen-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines