Step and Repeat Issue in Photoshop 2021

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have watched multiple videos and watch everyone say the commands and it just does not work for me. 

I am trying to create a step and repeat pattern. I use the commands ctrl + alt + t  and it will select the item. When I try to move the item, it will not move. IF I hold down the command and THEN click on the layer I can move the duplicate object. I then hit enter, but if I use the command ctrl + alt + shift + t it SHOULD copy and then move the new object exactly how I did it prior. This does nothing. I feel like I'm either missing something or the command for this functionality has changed? I have recently upgraded from CS3 (yeah I know it was old) to PS2021. Quite a change. Am I just doing something wrong. This seems to be a very simple process and it just doesn't work. Thank you for your help! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines