• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Ants from Marching

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10. I've upgraded from CC 2014  to the latest version and when I do a selection the selection moves continuously around the area selected. I can't find a way to stop the selection from moving, which is distracting. How do I turn off the movement of the marching ants and just have a static selection? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Quick Mask mode can help you. With selection active press Q on your keyboard and you will see selection surrounded by red overlay that is static. To exit Quick Mask mode press Q one more time.

Otherwise I haven't heard for setting to stop ants from marching, that is way they are called marching ants not just ants. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's right. Ants will march; that's what they do. If they didn't, they would just blend into a busy image and you wouldn't see them.

I read somewhere that when Photoshop was first developed, they couldn't decide between the ants and quick mask. So in the end they included both. One has become "standard", but the other works just as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines