• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop forcing the use of and implementation of, Cloud Storage Features.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, I pay an arm and a leg for your products.
And there are plenty of amazing free products out there with similar features.
Not all in the same family. But still fantastic software.
60$ a month is a lot. Its Dinner out for a family.
Its an extra cell phone bill.

Lately a lot has been going downhill and now it is starting to compromise our workflow.

YOU NEED TO STOP FORCING CLOUD BASED FEATURES ON THE USER.

I do NOT want to save to the cloud, and now I have to go through two save prompts every single time I save a file. The first, ALWAYS asks for me to save to the cloud and then has a button to save locally. This is since the latest update.

Additionally. I DO NOT, and DO NOT WISH TO EVER use adobe cloud services.
I do not want your sync service running on my system.
I do not want your cloud folders cluttering up my sidebar.

I use photoshop because for my needs it has been the best for a while.

However, as of late, pixels in things like rectangle properties randomly shift to inches for no reason.
Preferences get deleted every update and on the anniversary date of my subscription.
Resizing images occasionally crashes photoshop (I have a 2080 ti and a 32 core Ryzen With 128gbs of ram, and this happens resizing the tiniest of images, 64 x 64 for example)

Forget the bugs, for now.
Please stop forcing your cloud features on the community. Very few professionals fully trust in the cloud and for those few that do I am sure it is great.
But for the rest of us, the cloud should never be a forced feature. You will drive away clientele like cattle to market.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not listening to you here on this forum, we are all users like yourself. You can turn off the box that asks you save to the cloud... there is a box that says don't show again.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use the cloud storage aside from testing the odd issue for this forum. As Melissa said above, just check the "do not show again" checkbox when you first choose to open/save locally.

Carrying forward preferences is a choice. Set Photoshop not to autoupdate (in the CC desktop app) and when you choose to update manually you will have the choice of whether to delete the old version and whether to carry forward preferences.

As for the other issues, can you expand further as I've not seen those here and, until this evening when I updated my GPU, I have also been using a 2080ti and 128GB RAM, albiet on an Intel system.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues like this can usually be solved with a quick Google.  The one that I hate is the Windows MS cloud storage.  Actually the one I REALLY hate is the iCloud.  I uploaded a few Gb of 4K video from my phone to the PC recently, and it completely maxed out my upload capacity making our connection unusable.  Now that was _really_ annoying. (I live in rural New Zealand and my best option is VDSL2 with just 8Mbs upload.)

TrevorDennis_0-1627596297627.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

janee_1-1627611590493.pngYOU NEED TO STOP FORCING CLOUD BASED FEATURES ON THE USER....
Additionally. I DO NOT, and DO NOT WISH TO EVER use adobe cloud services.
By @AndrewThe1st

Hi Andrew,

The very first time you save a file, you get a choice as to whether to save it to the Cloud or to your hard drive. Since you missed this and chose the wrong setting, you can do it a different way.

1. In Preferences > General, choose Reset All Warning Boxes, then OK.

janee_0-1627611422249.png

2. The next time you save, choose "Don't show again" and "Save on your computer". This is the dialog you missed when you first installed. You're done.

janee_2-1627611926394.png

3. From now and going forward, you will save to your computer by default with the option to save to the cloud on that rare occasion that you neeed to.

janee_3-1627612037649.png

Yes, you will see the warnings again, but so will I. It's the only way I could take these screen shots for you. I hope this helps.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Photoshop for the iPad and want to open your psds in your Desktop Photoshop, it is necessary to use the psdc format. Otherwise you can go with your tradiitional methods.

This should explain it better than I can:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/cloud-documents-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know whether I like it or not (it's confusing [removed] that is for sure... and the cloud based applications for photoshop editing are pretty terrible). However, I am now wondering if setting the default loction to "local" (meaning my SSD 1TB storage drive) is the cause of photoshop hanging when I exit? (Which I think in turn caused a black screen of death on my laptop...it's just a theory but my laptop was fine until I started the whole business with Photoshop + SSD)

I did a whole bunch of random stuff like clearing cache in bridge and photoshop, I started completely over in Lightroom (though that was never the problem).

[And yes, I have a [removed] graphics driver an Intel 620 or something)

Before I did all this, it kept happening. I had to control+alt+delete to force quit phtoshop every time.

However, I hit save to cloud and it hasn't happened again..... YET. But I haven't done a masive amount of editing either.

So I don;t know if opening from bridge is the problem, or saving locally, or doing too much with my [removed] graphics driver, or what.

[I DO KNOW THAT I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO USE THE OBJECT SELECT TOOL. I just have to accept the fact that that useful thing is gone forever, or until I spend $2000 on a new machine].

I just find that the whole photoshop experience has become so bloated in the past two years that it is unusable on any but hte most high end laptops. (16 GB of ram or higher).

Maybe there should be a version for "dummes." I mean it worked fine for me until recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also tell Photoshop where you default want to save files under Preferences/File Handling: kevinstohlmeyer_0-1667573551636.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the same way. I want to edit photos with the software. Period. 

The first time I installed Lightroom and Photoshop it download MY photos onto their cloud. It took me 2 days to figure out how to delete them. And even then, the vaguly worded warnings made me think they'd also be deleted from my computer. 

Today I turn on Photoshop, and I see that the DEFAULT in Preferences for File Handling... the Default File Location is "Creative Cloud." Sure, all I had to do was click on it to change it to my personal computer. But why the heck is it the default? I may have intimate photos with my wife. These I put in hidden folders on an external hard drive. So when I hand my 6-year-old nephew my phone or let him play on my computer, there isn't anything to worry about. 

Unless he pushes 8 buttons and learns I have cloud backup for photos I would never want backed up and decides to look through those. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bluerog2 Photoshop gives you the choice and asks you to confirm the first time you save.

As for Lightroom, there are two products:  Lightroom, which is designed to be cloud based, and Lightroom Classic, which is designed to be local PC based. It sounds like you were using the first.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic/lightroom-cc-vs-lightroom-classic.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was using the first. I was using the first because Adobe named "Lightroom" basically the SAME THING for their editing software and for their cloud photo software. I would estimate that "what's the difference between Lighroom Classic and Lightroom" is the number 1 searched question concerning Lightroom on the Internet. When i first downloaded it, I didn't know if I needed one to use the other. 

And Adobe does it ON PURPOSE. They are fully aware that most people want the wonderful editing software Lighroom (or Lightroom Classic?). When people talk about Lightroom, very few people are discussing cloud. It's stupid, confusing on purpose, and I will continue to mention to Adobe how crappy it is that they do this whenever I get the chance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reserve Lightroom-related rants for the Lightroom Forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please reserve Lightroom-related rants for the Lightroom Forum. 

By @c.pfaffenbichler

Better, dont rant! It's pointless and CWOBaT (colossal waste of bandwidth and time). 
@blueog2

From Adobe (community forums):

"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user-to-user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:

If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you do so by following these guidelines:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12373403

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I feel the same way. I want to edit photos with the software. Period." 

Easy to do; just set the preferences for that option. Done. 

Set it and forget it....Set it and forget it....

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines