• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

STOP The Cloud Save Bull - 4 Gripes about Photoshop

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be the only one, but I doubt it. 

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.09.10 AM.jpg

Gripe One
No one here will ever own a copy of CC, no matter what we do, so if you stop paying your sub. Then you lose access to ALL your projects. Now they have instituted the save to cloud Bull from Photoshop. They stick it in as a first choice, which is MANIPULATION, and it makes it so you have to rent what you made in PS. Why they put this step before saving to my computer location is what I call trickery to steal your comps. 

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.05.23 AM.jpg
Gripe Two
How is clicking an extra 2-3 button to save as jpeg, png, or webp more efficient? 85% of us make stuff for the web and Adobe knows this. Yet they put this little annoyance in for _____??? Cant think of a single reason this is anything other than to bother you and to make saving to the cloud easier to get to. 

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.22.10 AM.jpg
GRIPE 3
I have been posting on this forum for about 5 years trying to get my eraser to erase at 100% hardness. eery thing i have tried does not work. I always have to click 5-10x to 100% erase. The reset has never worked for me. In fact I have just gotten use to just clicking 50-100x to remove simple things like lines around a jpg in a composition. It is the most annoying this out siide of the save features. The brush doesnt even do this without me changing settings. 

GRIPE 4
You see that Arrow in the previous screenshot? Well i do not want a stroke around it but PS is stuck on that. no matter how many times i remove the shape and in disregaurd of how i last used the tool, it insist on  forcing a 10px stroke on every shape i make. Ican not find a way to stop that. 

Mini GRIPE
The keyword they make available for forum post are hardly ever relavent. 
Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.32.45 AM.jpg

I have deleted photoshop and removed it. The laptop i am using is 1 year old and it recieved a fresh install od CC but Gripe 3&4 remains constant. thought the stroke issue only started about a year ago. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Hi @Mr. Content a lot to unpack here. Two of which an answer is found in one location.

Gripe 1 - you can control this under Preferences/File Handling. Choose "On your computer" for the default save location. You are in control.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1680711663166.png

Gripe 2 - is also solved here by checked "Enable legacy Save As".

For Gripe 3 - can you show examples of your results with a hard edge brush eraser?

Gripe 4 (arrow stroke) have you tried changing the settings in the option bar for the shape tool without a document op

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mr. Content a lot to unpack here. Two of which an answer is found in one location.

Gripe 1 - you can control this under Preferences/File Handling. Choose "On your computer" for the default save location. You are in control.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1680711663166.png

Gripe 2 - is also solved here by checked "Enable legacy Save As".

For Gripe 3 - can you show examples of your results with a hard edge brush eraser?

Gripe 4 (arrow stroke) have you tried changing the settings in the option bar for the shape tool without a document open? That normally sets the default parameters for a tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For #1:https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/i-will-never-save-to-your-cloud/m-p/1...

I'll leave it to more experienced  members to better answer your other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines