Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Straight lines snapping together

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

This is my first time messing around with Photoshop and whenever I try to press shift and draw a straight line with my brush tool, it ends up automatically connecting to the previous line. How do I disable this function?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-click the Brush tool in the tools panel and change the options for the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey presssing "B" (default hotkey for brush) actually works, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have the Shift key pressed when you start drawing - you need to mouse down first, THEN press Shift, and start drawing. Holding Shift while clicking the mouse draws a line from the last drawn point to the current one (as you've noticed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you're using a drawing tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for a tablet as a mouse. Put down a starting point then shift tap, or whatever, to create the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do realize that you could very easily mess up the line at the start, right? Silly answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines