Strange Printing Error with Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that you can help me.  I use an iMac and just installed Monterey 12.3.1.  My printer is an EPSON Surecolor P800.  The printer driver has been updated. My photoshop files are all up to date. 

I am working on a new design in Photoshop.  The file is saved in large document format.  When I print, the output comes out incorrectly (see attached Printing Error photo). It prints the same strange way when saved as a .tif file as well. The design looks fine onscreen in Photoshop (see On Screen Photo). The printer is otherwise functioning correctly.  When I print my files that were saved prior to the installation of Monterey, they print out correctly.  It is only this new file that won't print out properly.  There is nothing wrong with the color match, just the output comes out funky.

What do you think is the problem, and how can I correct it?
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With further trial and error, the problem seems to be that I can't print properly from my large .psb or .tif files that run 7 - 10 GB 2400dpi.  My typical workflow is to take a .psb file with multiple layers, then flatten the image.  I then print out a small 8 x 10 print by scaling down the print size.  Before the upgrade to Monterey, this worked fine.  Now, there seems to be a problem with the transfer of data from Photoshop / Computer to the Printer.  It seems like it's getting overwhelmed.

If I make the files much smaller (down to 600dpi) and less than 1 GB, they will print fine.

Can this issue be fixed ??

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quit Photoshop if running.
Relaunch Photoshop and open the file that you want to print.
Press the Spacebar on your keyboard before you click File > Print. This process resets printer preferences that have been written into the image.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines