Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke and Drop Shadow not working

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having problems with my Blending Options. I can outline a shape using the Marquee tools but when I then try to outline it using Stroke and Drop Shadow nothing happens. I have tried to perform this action using both layers and background copies. I have done this in the past quite successfully. Obviously I'm doing something stupid - any help very appreciated. Thanks. 

Jane 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you attempting to use Edit > Stroke on the selection, or the Layer Style stroke?

How are you trying to use Drop Shadow?

Does the layer have a transparent area arouund it?

It might be easier if you paste an image of your workspace to the thread showing the image and layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid that most of us do not understand what is your problem. Can you post screenshot with Layers panel expanded and visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies, very appreciated. I’m afraid my inexpertise with Photoshop is showing through. Here is a shot of what I’m trying to describe:

[cid:image002.png@01D8CE8B.3CE05360]

I hope this helps a little and my apologies for a lack of clarity! Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the replies, very appreciated. I’m afraid my inexpertise with Photoshop is showing through. Here is a shot of what I’m trying to describe:[cid:image002.png@01D8CE8B.3CE05360]I hope this helps a little and my apologies for a lack of clarity! Jane
By @Jane26216536kf7m

Hi Jane.  Your image is not showing in your above post.  The easiest way is to copy it to clipboard and paste it into the forum image widget

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines