• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke path is not working [2013]

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things have changed since 2013 and this thread is now locked.
Please start a new post if you have a similar question.

Hello everyone,

I am using Photoshop CS6. I am not in quickmask, I am using the essentials pallet I am creating a path not a shape, and I have a new blank layer selected. When I right click on my path, stroke path is available but it just won't do anything. I have been able to get it to work by going to my paths pallet and selecting stroke path from there but that is a lot more time consuming, and well call me crazy but I would like this super expensive program to work properly. Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you!

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Hi! I had the same problem but I think I've solved it or at least found another work around.

First go to your Direct Select Tool and change it to Path Select tool (It's the white arrow just below the text on the tool bar, black arrow when it is chosen as the path select tool) You can hit shift A until you get to it. Now, use the Path Select Tool to individually select all your paths, holding shift as you do so. Then at the top you will see an option to COMBINE. Make sure you have the last button

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try un-checking the "Preserve Transparency" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem on CS 6. After selecting to stroke a path, nothing, where normally a window comes up to let you choose a stroke tool (brush or pencil). Tried every solution mentioned above. Finally shut down the program and restarted in. Worked perfectely.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines