• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on Pan tool (hand symbol)?! It's doing what it wants?! please help :(

New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, ever since I updated my MacBook Pro to the newest (MacOS Mojave), my Photoshop has been experiencing a strange error. I started a new Photoshop pdf document to create some business cards the other day. I went to place an image onto my document, but for some reason, Photoshop did not allow me to move or resize the image to my liking. All I could do was place it, but after placing it, it still would not allow me to move the image. This also goes for placing any type of text or shapes. For some reason, the pan tool (hand symbol) is permanently there, unless if I hover over different tools. However, if I select a tool, I can't use it, and the hand icon is still there!

It's soo annoying!

I thought maybe it is just a one-off and closed down the program. I then reopened my document and the hand icon was still there as my permanent cursor! The only way which resolves this issue it to reset my mac, however, this will only fix it for around 5-10 minutes before it does it all over again!

Please please help! I have tried everything and looked everywhere online for help. And yes, I have made sure that my space bar is not stuck, it's fine.

I took a video of the issue if that helps to explain the problem.

Thanks everyone x

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try this fix:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-mojave-photoshop-3684425/

If it's on the list and checked. Uncheck and recheck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried all this. it didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a new Macbook Pro user who just had his keyboard replaced because the tab key would intermittantly stick, I have to strongly suspect that this is a keyboard problem and not a Photoshop issue,   Take your MBP back to an apple store and tell them the issue, they will probably order you another keyboard and fix it gratis as they did mine.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue the keybord works fine in every other app in Photoshop the cucer changes you can select tools but when you move the cursor over to the image the tool turns back to pan tool so tools are unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue is different than the 3 year old post.

Go to Preferences/Tools and uncheck Spring Loaded Tool Shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip but it did not solve the issue. Un checked and re started but the same issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. You are in Photoshop Beta - does the same behavior happen in Photoshop v23 or 22?

2. Go to Apple System Preferences/Accessibility/Display and uncheck Shake Mouse Pointer to Locate.

3. In the same setting make sure the Pointer Size is set to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue the keybord works fine in every other app in Photoshop the cucer changes you can select tools but when you move the cursor over to the image the tool turns back to pan tool so tools are unusablea

I have reset tool preferances and even updated PS 2023 to the bata 24.1as yet I hvent found a solution or anything helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines