• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stupid that you dont have autosave

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have floated by in the coral reef "ecosystem" in a fit of rage becasue there isn't any autosave function in PS.  It was frozen and another window was open that I closed that but when it unfroze it caught up with itself and I lost 2 days work (which wasn't too much so my computerscreen is still intact).

I would like to channel this rage into the photoshop people so they have to deal with it instead of me.  I want screeming managers and frightened staff.  By the end of the week I want an autosave feature at wehich point I will issue further guidance.  

Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description seems unclear to me. 

Are you aware of Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Automatically Save Recovery Information Every: …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the end of the week I want an autosave feature 

By @Jackson2861133124eq

Cloud documents (.psdc) are a newer format and have Autosave. They have been available for several years.

"A cloud document is a Photoshop document that is stored in the Adobe cloud and can be accessed in Photoshop anywhere. As you work on a cloud document, it is automatically saved to the Adobe cloud with your changes, so it is available and up to date wherever you sign in to Photoshop."

Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/use-cloud-documents.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what c.p. refers to:

recovery.png

(I have it unchecked because I haven't seen a crash in years, and in any case I save manually very often.)

Note that it doesn't work unless you have already saved the file once, so that it has a permanent address on your system.

This stores working data in an Autorecovery folder, which Photoshop checks on every launch. If there's something there, that file opens. In a normal orderly shutdown that folder is emptied. So normally there won't be anything in the folder, and Photoshop opens to a blank workspace.

If the system crashes and there is something in Autorecovery, it opens automatically. You don't need to "retrieve" anything, and there's no point looking for it if it doesn't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I see a lot of helpful replies but I would prefer indications of pain such as emojies or screen shots of coding my required feature.   Time is money people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yall coded a "first reply badge" but not autosave 🤦‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that you have been talking to fellow Photoshop users so far, posts by Adobe employees are marked as such. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was replying to my own comment not to one of the helpful community people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With »yall« you seem to try to address Adobe/the Photoshop team. 

But you are not doing that. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Please assume an appropriate tone when posting on this Forum. (edited)

• Please provide a meaningful description of the mishap/problem. 

Unless you post Feature Requests or Bug Reports your posts are not guaranteed to register at Adobe at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines