• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Style from smart filters applied

Enthusiast ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be great if phtoshop would  allow to create styles from filters and editds applied to a smart object.   Would make Styles  actually usable and helpfull.    Also would help to get rid of lots of tedious routine 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marking a Feature Request as such would make it »actually usable and helpful«. 

featureRequestIdea.png

What »routine« are you talking about? 

Which edits are you likely to apply to a Smart Object aside from the Smart Filters? 

Have you considered using Scripts or Actions to automate those tasks? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I marked my post an "idea"   .   Isn't it basically a  feature request  or I should do it somewhere else?

Edits are  levels, invert, match color  end so on.     For example I'd like a "style"  that turns  16 bit height image  into a notrmal map.    That works only in 32 bit  mode properly  and needs  emboss, levels and gamma fix   separatly for red and green channel ( the blue I don;t need) .   

Scripts and Actions are cool but takes time sometimes. Not very convenient to manage .  I don't know how to write scripts really.  The actions often is a mess that takes too much time to debug .      I'd like something like a subgraph  in Substance Designer  saved as a Style within a nice Style panel  and working live over a a group stack of height representing layers.      An ideal solution weould be just support of  "filters" done in Substance Designer probably  but my guess it will never happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I marked my post an "idea"   .   

Are you sure? Because it’s listed as »discussion« (see screenshot). 

Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 10.32.44.png

Match Color? Does that even work as a Smart Filter? 

Scripts and Actions are cool but takes time sometimes. Not very convenient to manage . 

Do you mean they take time to create or to run? 

The management probably depends on how well you organize them. 

For edits that can actually be performed as/with Smart Filters (which can include Adjustments like Levels, Curves, …) you could also set up a template file and use »Replace Contents« to switch in new imagery or drag&drop the Smart Filters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I thought I marked the idea dot . But now have no idea how to check it.   Or even how to edit posts here.

Agree , the proper organisation of actions is evrything , something I sometimes miss . But the styles panel is an organisation  by itself and a convenient one   .  The styles could be  done through actions too .  So why not extend it to smart objects with smart filters and   edits layers.     I alredy have so many actions , half of them outdated and not working.    So for many things  being just withing Style palette  would  be a nice convenience IMO.  

As of color match I meant color transfer  neural filter.     The only AI feature I found useful to somewhat limited scale.    

Thanks for the template idea. Woudl be nice Photoshop had  "Assets" panel  from Affinity Photo  where we could keep such things for quick access.  I tried  library  thing but it  doesn't keep smart filters  or something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines