• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stylus lag

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using WIN10 CS4 and drawing using my laptop touchpad I have no issues. When I draw using a stylus on the touchscreen, I experience a lag. The longer the pen is on the screen, the more the lag occurs. This lag doesn't happen in paint so I figure it must be a CS4 issue rather than the stylus itself. Again the lag seems to be caused by the time the pen is touching the screen and not the amount of time drawing it's doing. i.e just holding the stylus touching in one place without moving and then after a time, moving, causes it. If drawing straight away, the pen is fine for a bit and then starts to lag, very frustrating! Can anyone help me please?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

have you checked if there are any updated drivers for your device? Also, have you checked if Windows Ink is active? Many times it can create problems if it is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

It makes no difference, the lag was still there whether Windows Ink was active or not but now, since I've updated my drivers, I'm no longer able to use my CS4. I've tried unistalling and reinstalling it but the same, on start up, it now thinks I want to upgrade. Unfortunately your advice seems to have cost me the use of my photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines