• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stylus problem [non-Apple pen]

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded photoshop on my ipad but when I use my pen (not apple pen, just alternative), the lines only go down after Ive picked the pen off the screen. Any ideas?

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Make sure that it is not the nature of the pen. It is the different between the original Apple Pencil and the other brands.
So try to see review video about it. 
You can also tell us the brand of the pen so we may help you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

@Kaylan27095686kefj 

For testing purposes, disconnect your non-Apple pen and draw with your finger. Does that work?

Both my Apple Pencil and finger work properly on Photoshop for iPad. If your finger works, it's your pen.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that it is not the nature of the pen. It is the different between the original Apple Pencil and the other brands.
So try to see review video about it. 
You can also tell us the brand of the pen so we may help you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kaylan27095686kefj 

For testing purposes, disconnect your non-Apple pen and draw with your finger. Does that work?

Both my Apple Pencil and finger work properly on Photoshop for iPad. If your finger works, it's your pen.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, my finger works just fine so it's probably a pen issue, but it's okay since I already gave up on using the program for now, lol. I'll stick to procreates's simplicity since I'm still quite the beginner for digital art. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neither the finger or pen are working, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

neither the finger or pen are working, 

By @Jessica29015785hg4x

If you are also using a non-Apple pen, then use an Apple pen instead. If your issue is different from the OP's, please start a new thread and give details.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines