Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stylus snaps back when doing small movements with Move Tool

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.
After one of the recent PS updates I noticed an annoying glitch in Photoshop with my Wacom stylus.

If I have part of the image selected (with Lasso/Marquee tools) and then try to move the said selected part (with Move Tool) a small distance, it snaps back to original location when I complete the action (rise the stylus from the surface).
Sometimes it works as intended and doesn't snap back, but most of the time it snaps back. This is wrong and unusable.
Please fix this!
Or, if this is a "feature", how do I turn this nonsense off?

More info:

• View > Snap and View > Snap To are both off.
  • This only affects operations with stylus. Doing the same with mouse is fine.
  • Photoshop is updated to the latest version (24.1.1).
  • Windows and drivers are updated to the latest versions.
  • I'm using Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD.
  • This started happening after one of the last PS updates, so something was changed/broken in one of those updates.

Here is a video demonstration:

https://youtu.be/J2yaG5CycwI

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Emi Xikes there have been numerous reports of this with Wacom drivers. The noted solution was to revert back to a previous install of the Wacom drivers from Nov 2022. Try that and let us know if it helps.

The other comments I have seen that improve is to go into the Wacom settings and adjust the pen sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines