• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden Photoshop Brush Lag

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm making a post because I have recently started to experience sudden brush lag in between some drawing projects. I've tried a lot of internet solutions such as:

- Purging history

- Increasing RAM usage

- Updating graphics and tablet drivers

- Changing the advanced graphic settings and switching between basic, normal and advanced drawing modes

- Restarting my computer

- Creating a new scratch disk on my external HDD

When I look at task manager, I don't see photoshop bottlenecking any of my computer's components, so I don't know what the issue is. I have also been working with the same dimensions of 26 x 26 inches at 300ppi for all my projects without any issues. If it is important, I am using the latest version of Photoshop CC 2020, I am on Windows 10, and I am using a the Kyle T. Webster brush set for my projects.

To anyone who answer,s, thanks for your help! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, are you using a Wacom tablet?
Could you please try turning on Windows ink from Wacom's settings and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue but noticed that I'd accidently turned "Smoothing" up to 100%, putting it back to "0" returned brush strokes to normal responsiveness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm startint to freak out and was just that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

omg thank you so much i tried everything and then i understood it was the smoothing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines