• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestions to add options to select image size & profiles to Save As > Jpeg in Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for the life of me cannot understand why Adobe thought it would be a good thing to move the options from the Save As to a whole new menu Save As Copy????   And that would not be so bad if  you did not include the word COPY in the file name.  However, with that said, I would like to suggest something I think would be useful for your developers to do.  When you do a Save As Copy and wish to save the file as a JPEG, and the dialog box comes up with the settings to the quality of the JPEG, it would be handy if you would include there the ability to set the pixel or sizing of the image.  I realize there are many ways of doing this in Photoshop but this just makes since to have it here.  Also, if you would add to that the ability to set profiles that would be awsome.  So you could do a SAVE AS COPY, select JEPG, then Select a pre-saved Profile such as Social Media, or what ever and have your seeings maybe 1200px on the long edge.  This would make it much more useful and reduce redundant processes.  Thank you.  I hope someone in Adobe reads this that can submit it to the powers to be if you belive it has merret.  

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out & for sharing the suggestions! If you wish, you can revert to the Legacy Save As workflow using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-images.html#revert-legacy-save-option

As for the suggestions, you can achieve this to some extent by using Export > Export As from the File menu instead of Save As.

Photoshop Export settings.png

You can submit you suggestions as feature requests here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/photoshop/5f5f2092785c1f1e6cc4086b

This forum is monitored directly by our developers. They can look into your feature request & may implement it in a future update.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pixel Size is is a setting you set before you print an image.  Its the Print Pixels density.   It is print PPI resolution the size the printer will print your images pixels.  It a Printer function.  Digital Displays have a Fixed PPI they are manufactured with are pixel density the cans not be changed.  Resolution is meaningless when or come to displays.  In Fact when you  export images  for the web The files saved by export have no print resolution saved into the file.  For resolution is meaningless on the web all the is important is the Image Canvas size how many pixel the canvas has.    Canvas size is your Images Size.  You can print images various sized be setting the Print resolution.  All the printed image sizes will have the same aspect ratio and exactly the same pixel content. If you open an image without a saved resolution value in Photosho, Photoshop will default the document resolution to 72 PPI.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines