• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

surfacebook pen not drawing on adobe photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used photoshop for a few years and recently after getting a new laptop (Surface Book, Windows 10 Pro) my surface pen has stopped drawing on photoshop. Both my laptop and photoshop are fully up to date, I've tried installing the wacom driver suggested on other threads, and connecting my huion tablet and toggling windows ink on/off, but it has had no changes. 

I can select different tools, colours, brush sizes, etc, using my surface pen but it won't draw on the canvas. My mouse works drawing on the canvas, and so does my tablet, but the surface pen does not draw. It works in other programs (such as oekaki, firealpaca, onenote, etc) and on browsers. 

This issue has popped up in the past, but usually resetting my device or toggling windows ink resolves it, however I've now been trying to fix it for over a week without any progress. Do I need to uninstall/reinstall photoshop, or is there another fix? 

Kind regards.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom drivers have nothing to do with a Windows surface book.

Did you go to your system settings and activate Windows Ink?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Makes sense, I was just trying to follow solutions that had worked for other users to see if it would fix my own problem.

I had not, but I have now and unfortunately the stylus still doesn't draw on photoshop. I trialed enabling/disabling/not configured windows ink and it has had no effect on either setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, when Photoshop is running, can you draw using a different stylus? That might help isolate if the problem is with Windows or Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unfortunately don't have another working surface stylus, however my huion tablet and huion stylus/pen work perfectly well on photoshop when connected to my surface. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines