Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swatches Panel Expanding Thumbnail, Deleting Name

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an this issue lately:

When I go to choose a color from my swatches palette, the swatch expands to a color bar and seems to delete the name.  I have tried changing the thumbnail views, and that doesn't seem to help. 

Thanks for any help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

That's messed up for sure!  I don't think it is the usual video card driver issue that we associate with display issues.  It's more of a corrupt code sort of problem.  Have you tried resetting Preferences?  My gut is that you'll need to reinstall Photoshop.  What sort of spec is your computer? How healthy is the operating system?

Try resetting Preferences, and if that doesn't fix it, reinstall Photoshop.   If you have good Internet connection, try the reinstall, and if you still have the probl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's messed up for sure!  I don't think it is the usual video card driver issue that we associate with display issues.  It's more of a corrupt code sort of problem.  Have you tried resetting Preferences?  My gut is that you'll need to reinstall Photoshop.  What sort of spec is your computer? How healthy is the operating system?

Try resetting Preferences, and if that doesn't fix it, reinstall Photoshop.   If you have good Internet connection, try the reinstall, and if you still have the problem use the Cleaner Tool and reinstall again.  If your Internet connection is slow, you could use the Cleaner tool right away.

Don't forget to save your presets like brushes and Actions.  Do you know where to find them?  What operating system are you using?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems (adobe.com)

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the preferences and that fixed it! Thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. Trying the preference rest now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines