Swatches - replace swatches missing

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A18A2753-F335-4E85-AAA0-5A006E540295.jpeg

311E063F-1EE0-4D8D-9078-7A88670C5A74.jpeg

  

Can anyone help me...

I am using creative cloud and the PS version up to date.

I am trying to upload a swatch that I have saved but my searches don't have 'replace swatches' option and therefore I am unable to load it in.

I have tried to reset essentials on my work space but I only have the options included in the image. When watching tutorials they seem to have masses of options and I don't know how to make sure the swatches are working properly.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding screenshots: 

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Have you tried »Import Swatches«? 

Where exactly did you store the aco-file you are trying to load? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly thank you soooo much for getting back to me! I just checked where I saved it and it defaulted to the Adobe files in my computer. Should I save it somewhere else? 

i have just tried the import, it seems to have worked. 
but can you tell me why I don't have all the options in the tutorial video? Or how I get those options? 

1072B4D5-A176-4FE8-8F02-27EACCA48B81.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious, I hadn’t noticed that in Photoshop 2019 the HKS, Pantone etc. aco-files are listed in the Swatches Panel’s dropdown menu, but not in Photoshop 2020, 2021 and 2022 even though they are present in the Presets-folder. (Here at least.) 

Which version was used in the tutorial? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He just said creative cloud and did say 'if you are using older versions' so I assume he is using the most up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously not, look at the program icon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, did you check in the locations listed under "Windows presets locations" in : https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines