• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symmetry doesn't work well on pixel

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am working on pixel games. I did many assets without any problem .But i have a problem when i work with symmetry.  The symmetry doesnt work as it should be. Symmetry doesn't mirror perfecty. It paints other pixel lines. I can say that every 10 brushing for once it errors. Which is problem. I can transform after the half part done but why does symmetry exist ? I put an example. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way for your work is to use Illustrator Rectangular Grid Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or to make the maximum zoom in (in Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a Interpolation issue solved using Nearest Neighbor and most people making pixel art do so in Ps, not Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I make second post you to show symmetry has problem. It doesn't mirror right. I can say that it is %95 right , %5 false .%5 of problems are wrong placement , skipping the right square , adding color on wrong square and missing square. I have talked with technical service. He says that his photoshop is doing everything %100 right. I don't believe that. Because it makes the same with my other computer. I hope you can find the solution and feedback.

My computer;
windows 10
nvidia gt 1080
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 
Photoshop 22.4.2

note: I had to use other programs. Because they make symmetry right. If you don't have solution for it.I would like to end of my sub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do NOT split a question over different posts. It is very difficult for the volunteers to keep all your discussion together, and so you may lose the chance of a good question from a skilled person. Always REPLY to add more info.

We don't work for Adobe, by the way, we don't care whether you end your sub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. I am doing this commend to "staff members" not to you. I am explaining the bug. I am not suggesting you to help about the bug. Who are you that trying to fix bug inside adobe programs ? Let me tell you something. You do your business and keep away from bug section. You cannot help anyone there unless you are the Adobe Engineer Member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a community forum, friend, not an Adobe technical support forum where you get to insist that only Adobe employees help you.You might want to learn a little more about where you are and how to ask for help without upsetting the people who are trying to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to find the solution. I haven't been in bad attitude for explaining the problem of mine. I said if there is no solution i would like to end the sub. So the first thing is i asked in Discussions section that maybe there is a problem inside my computer. Then i try to report it in "bug" section. Which is relating with techincian support. Then Jane merged my posts to "discussion" section again. So tell me how to report a bug and get feedback ? I have sent them mail. I have talked with support team. They don't answer for it. I am kind of frustrated. Then this guy appeared by this attitude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BoraKusoglu 

I've merged your second post with your first for you.

As of 31 August, the feedback forum has merged with this user forum, so Adobe staff may respond.

Also, if you decide to end your subscription, please be aware that if you have an annual subscription, there is a penalty for early cancellation.

Contact Adobe Customer Care:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 
or send a tweet to @AdobeCare for support.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane-e,
My post was in discussion. That's why i wanted open the new topic. I reached Adobe Techincal Support. He tried 1 hr and fix the problem. He couldn't fix it. Anyone answered the topic. So i wanted open the new post in bug section. May i ask you to move my post to bug section please. Then suggestion would not help to fix the problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixel art needs to be transformed using Nearest Neighbor interpolation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer. This should be done range of pixel.The mirror has to count -x/+x. Instance ; I divide the work area from 250 px. So i paint 245 px the answer of the mirror should be 255 px. If you make it 254 px then the calculation is all wrong. If the system is not working like that. Then system finds the nearest point to mirror. I believe this is wrong by my perciption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines