• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing PSDs between Photoshop Desktop and Photoshop iPad

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to connect my Dropbox folder to Photoshop iPad, then I load PSDs from there, but it seems I cannot then save my changes in the same file, it syncs a new document to assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents 

Is it possible to save work to another location, or is saving to Adobe Cloud the only way?

Currently I download the file from Adobe Cloud on my desktop and replace the one on my Dropbox, but this isn't a great workflow

Thanks

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

The files you work with on the iPad become .psdc (Photoshop Document Cloud) files. The save is automatic — I always take a look before closing and Undo if needed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/create-open-save-ipad.html

You can export to .psd — Export is the box with the up arrow sticking out of the top.

I stopped using Dropbox and now store files that I need to share on Adobe's Cloud instead, but there's a good chance that Dropbox is available as a location when you export to .psd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files you work with on the iPad become .psdc (Photoshop Document Cloud) files. The save is automatic — I always take a look before closing and Undo if needed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/create-open-save-ipad.html

You can export to .psd — Export is the box with the up arrow sticking out of the top.

I stopped using Dropbox and now store files that I need to share on Adobe's Cloud instead, but there's a good chance that Dropbox is available as a location when you export to .psd. Can you let us know if this is true?

You can also export to Files, then either connect a USB-C cable or use AirDrop to transfer documents.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I'm currently exporting PSD to dropbox, I guess that is the best way then

It's a shame you cannot work directly from the same PSD unless it's via adobe cloud, but glad to have it clarified

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @ReginaldUser555. Even opening a jpeg from Adobe Stock will convert to a psdc. The good news is that any work I do on my iPad, I can then retrieve from my desktop and laptop.

A50018E1-A80E-412D-A4A8-186C7EA21118.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines