• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System alert sound when pressing spacebar to drag.

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac makes a system alert sound whenever I press the spacebar to use the hand tool.

This began happening a few days ago. No settings have changed.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a tablet?

Let's also make sure you're back at a known default state. Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I'm just been living with the issue. Now I'm conditioned to wince every time I press the space bar 😂

I removed the settings folder and so far so good. The issue seems to have a mind of it's own though and will happen at random. Will update if it comes back. Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and found that it was caused by having the Apple calculator open at the same time as Photoshop. Downright bizarre, but when I close the calculator the alert sound stops!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG that was it for me! I find the calculator immensely useful and I like having it handy, but so glad to not need to deal with the endless alerts. Maybe a third-party calculator won't have the same issues. Or I'll just purchase a slide rule. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines