• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temp files taking around 250gb in disk space

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im looking for a way to fix Photoshop from creating 250gb temp files of a 1920x1080 PIXELS (NOT INCHES) when im working. Is there any fix or workaround to stop that or is it intended to generate almost 16 temp files of 16gb each?
Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Victor29588889dqca pixel dimensions are one thing but how large are the files in MB/GB? It's not uncommon for PS to use scratch disk space considering its saving history states and other temp settings for your active PS session. It will grow until you quit PS and release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That does seem excessive.  Kevin asked what your document size is.  I just created a 30,000 x 30,000 pixel document and with 64gb of RAM Photoshop is using 27Gb of temp space.

image.png

Something else to look at is are any of the temp files orphaned from a bad shut down?  i.e. are they still there when Photoshop is closed?   I find I sometimes have to delete such files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines