• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Terrible Screen Flicker when using transform tool in Photoshop 2020 on macOS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just upgraded to Big Sur and I have been having this issue with Photoshop 2020. Kindly see video. When I use the transform tool, the screen flickers very bad. But when I use it on a smart object, nothing like that happens.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2020 due to the screen flickering. Would you mind sharing the exact macOS version you're using along with the exact version of Photoshop?

You can try updating Photoshop to the latest version (22.5) to check if it helps. If the issue persists, try enabling the option to Deactivate Native Canvas in Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Onc done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankx Nikunj,

I am really trying to avoid upgrading to the latest version. Am on V21.0.2 running on Big Sur 11.5.2 Macbook Pro Mid 2014 with 2GB Nvidia GeForece GT 750M. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

Did you ever find a fix to this? I'm also using a MBP with the GeForce 750M. Starting to think its this particular GPU. I've had issues with Premire pro not playing video back like it did when I was running Mojave. 

Though the flickering when resizing is so annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experience the flickering effect also in Adobe Illustrator V 24.41 and in Photoshop V 22.5.
Working on mac OS 11.5.2 Mac Pro (2013) 32 MB ram.

PS: GPU use is set on
AI: Need to set GPU view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got a solition to this issue? Also having this issue on early-2015 Macbook pro.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I read somewhere that Mojave was the best OS for the MacBook Mid 2014-2015 so I just downgraded and since then I've not had any bugs or issues with any apps including this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines