• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Testing compatibility when upgrading Mac OS versions.

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using the Photograhy Plan apps (PS, LR Classic and Bridge) on my 2019 iMac using OS Mojave. I have an external drive connected to the iMac and I have installed Mac OS upgrade Big Sur on it. This is in order not to ovewrite Mojave if I discover comptibility problems with Big Sur. If I do have problems I can always change the startup disc back to Mojave. If all is well I will repeat this procedure with the most recent Mac OS, Monterey. My question is : how do I install a new copy of my Adobe apps on to the connected external SSD drive for this procedure? It is my intention to eventually remove the copies on the external drive when I finally overwrite mojave with the most recent Mac OS.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are here to help.

As you are isolating one of the operating systems and testing the second on a different drive, you can reinstall the apps once you are booted on the newer operating system, which will by default target the external drive on which you have the operating system configured. You can keep the Adobe Apps installed on Mojave and then boot from the BigSur as boot drive and install the Adobe apps there again. 

This is experimental, so there could be uncertainties. You can also check the known issues with Big Sur here on this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

We hope this helps.
Thanks

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines