• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text becomes thick when highlighted

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I highlight text to change the font, the text becomes ultra thick. Like a stroke has been applied. The thickness remains until I deselect the text layer and it goes back to its original thickness. It makes it quite annoying to do any font changes as I can't see an immediate result. I've attached photos of text highlighted and regular. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening. Which version of Photoshop are you working on? Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Sahil.

I'm working on Photoshop 2020. We have the Creative Cloud, and Photoshop is up to date. Deselecting the graphic processes didn't change the issue. 

Rachel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Photoshop 2021, and it still has the issue.

Thanks - any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I just had this issue and figured it out - it seems like the type layer was using a FAUX BOLD style. When I cliked to warp the text, that's the message that popped up and it's an attribute that you can remove. I clicked OK to remove it and the issue is gone! Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines