• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text box not controllable - screen modes messed up

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have been having text and screen mode difficulties for about 3 weeks now.  

Text problems - I cannot control where my text box shows up.  I put my stylus on the point where i want the text to go and the text box shows up in a random spot.  I also cannot edit text easily.  It does not show my change in real time and the alignment is not correct so im guessing at what im typing and it is almost always not correct.  Very frustrating.

Screen modes messed up - My standard mode does not show my entire file, the working space bleeds down off my monitor so then i go into the full mode but here it does not show my tabs with other opened files so then i have to cycle through all modes working back and forth. 

I had hoped that this would have been updated and fixed by now.  Something was changed in the program about 3 weeks ago. Thanks fro any help.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

My first guess would be corrupted preferences. Try a Reset:

Your main Ps Window will be smaller, but now you can resize it properly. Layer, Channel, and Path thumbnails will be smaller, but you can adjust them to your taste. Your new Workspace will be "Essentials", but you can select one you like, Photography for example or set up a Custom workspace of your own, but be sure to save it and give it a name. I hope this clears up your problems.

reset prefs 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess would be corrupted preferences. Try a Reset:

Your main Ps Window will be smaller, but now you can resize it properly. Layer, Channel, and Path thumbnails will be smaller, but you can adjust them to your taste. Your new Workspace will be "Essentials", but you can select one you like, Photography for example or set up a Custom workspace of your own, but be sure to save it and give it a name. I hope this clears up your problems.

reset prefs 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That totally helped - THANKS so much that was frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines