Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Cursor too big, type not lining up like it should

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 2.42.37 PM.png

So as you can see in the screenshot where I am typing at, the text cursor (also known as the insertion point) is way too big. The other issue is that the second line of type is not lining up with the first, and I tried messing with the indention settings in the Paragraph panel but that has not fixed the issue. Other people at my work do not have this issue with the Photoshop running on their computers, and we all have the same iMac Towers. My installation of Photoshop has been doing this for over a year now and not even updating the software has resolved the issue. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It is really annoying and slows down my workflow, please help!!!

Edit: I am running on macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4. Do you think there is some kind of setting in my operating system that is causing this issue? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop but that has not resolved the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Hello, did you try resetting the text tool? select the text tool in the toolbar, then right-click on the text tool icon in the option bar, and select "reset tool".

resettools.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

142,76pt baseline shift – why?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a meaningful screenshots including all pertinent Panels (Options, Layers, Character, Paragraph, …), also one with some of the text selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you try resetting the text tool? select the text tool in the toolbar, then right-click on the text tool icon in the option bar, and select "reset tool".

resettools.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that, it actually made the text cursor bigger instead of smaller

Here are a couple screenshotsScreen Shot 2018-05-15 at 10.15.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-15 at 10.15.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

142,76pt baseline shift – why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the issue. I can't believe I never noticed that all this time. For some reason the default baseline shift on my photoshop is stuck at 142.76 pt everytime I open photoshop. Is there a way I  can reset the default baseline shift back to 0pt so I won't have to manually change it everytime?

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change it when no document is open or no Type Layer is selected it should stick for the creation of Type Layers later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your help man, thanks a ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean mate, i cannot tell you how annoying the problem was

im straight af but still id give you a bj XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  This worked for me.  My Baseline Shift was already set at zero but my cursor was massively larger than the text.  So time consuming!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, FYI, it is also possible to reset the individual character and paragraph panels, by going to their local "hamburger" menu, and selecting "Reset Character" or Paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other tips to fix this?

Neither of these tips worked for me. My cursis is still giant, doesn't align and resetting the tool does nothing. Baseline shift is set to 0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, nevermind, it seems to be the baseline shift. Problem solved, thank you for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANSWWER THE QUESTION...DO NOT PASS IT OFF WITH A LINK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines