• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Does Not Show Up When I Type Or After I Type

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So everytime I've tried to use the 'Type Tool' in Photoshop the text doesn't show up while I'm typing, after I type or even if I change the color or size of the text it still doesn't show up but the cursor does and the text shows up in the layers pannel but on the layer itself and i've tried watching a few videos but nothing has helped and I want this to be a permant fix so I don't have to keep redoing something everytime I open photoshop so some help on how to fix this would be great!

["Took" changed to "Tool" by moderator as per following post.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say 'Type Tool' not 'Type Took' sorry for the grammar error I didn't realize it was there until after I posted it so sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VeVeGirl wrote:

So everytime I've tried to use the 'Type Took' in photoshop

You mention Photoshop but posted to Photoshop Fix, which has been removed by Adobe. Please confirm your application.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My application is Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@VeVeGirl 

I'll move your post from Photoshop Fix to Photoshop for you. You question has been sitting in an abandoned forum. 

Can you show a screen shot with your text selected and the Character and Layers panels (Window menu) showing? Common reasons include: 

• White text on a white background (or similar). Check the color in the options bar or Character panel — it may differ from the Tools panel.
  • A large document with small text size 
  • Hidden by another layer that covers the text layer 
  • Text that is outside of the boundaries of the canvas 
  • The layer opacity is zero 

It could also be something else. To select the text, double-click the "T" icon in the Layers panel. It will switch you to the Type tool and select your text.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines