• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is moving more than its supposed to

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i turned on smart guides again bc ig it was turned off, and i am trying to center my text, but everytime i move it, the text moves more than i wanted it to. And so its super hard to get the text to lock in the center for smart guides. Any help?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Bridget22785401zocy. Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. 

What version of Photoshop & the operating system are you working on? Please attach a screen recording of what you see.

The movement behavior can change when you press and hold the Shift key when transforming a text layer.

Ensure Photoshop is in the default state, go to the location of the preference folder below, and rename it to backup. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Press Windows + R & type this is the Run Window - %APPDATA%\Adobe

SameerK_0-1684650014342.png

• Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

These changes will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install. Let me know if the issue exists.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines