• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text issues

New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm creating a portfolio in Photoshop for all my artwork and I need the words to all be consistent. Meaning the same height, width, font size, and position on the canvas for each file. The first few files I made I was able to change the size of the text box without any problems and was able to make everything match. But on some of the files I can't change the position (x and y) of the text without it shrinking or stretching. this goes for the height and width of the text box too. I even tried copying and pasting a text from on file that has the correct sizes to the file that is changing all the proportions, When I change the words, it all changes again.

I really hope this question makes sense. if I need to further explain I am more than happy to!  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rabeccah5E44 

• Use Paragraph text, not Point text: drag out a text box, then type; don't click and type.
  • Format text using the Character and Paragraph panels (Window menu). Don't use Free Transform
  • Best practice: use Paragraph styles to format text for consistency

Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/add-edit-text.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I am using the paragraph and characters pannels. How do I get to the paragraph text? Click and drag the text tool to make a larger box correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rabeccah5E44 

To start new paragraph text: Drag with the type tool to create a frame, then type your text

To convert: Switch to the Move tool, then go to Type menu > Convert to Paragraph text

janee_0-1684268716017.png

Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/add-edit-text.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines