• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text scale stays 100% while text layer is scaled unproportionally

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get my text with really 100% dimensions back, after having scaled the text layer unproportionally in Photoshop 20?

Text will always show up as 100% in heigth and width even while it is completely streched?...

What did Adobe do with the last update, so many issues with Photoshop and Illustrator with core functions...

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-15 um 19.46.38.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-11-15 um 19.46.30.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold shift while resizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to scale. I do not want to scale it proportionally.

The bug is, that the text is getting compressed and still shows a width of 100%. If type is scaled in heigth and in width it should not keep 100% in both directions. So while the frame was scaled there is no way to get the text back to 100% in width and height within the scaled frame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is font independent. Thanks for your answers, but it would be better you check it out before your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone75  wrote

it would be better you check it out before your answer.

Sorry, but I am not on one of the computers that have my CC apps on it.  I was just throwing things out there in case it would help.

If it is a bug, you can report it here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob: Sorry, I appreciate your help anyway! Maybe I was too disappointed about all the bugs and wired changes Adobe made in Illustrator and Photoshop. Don't know who controls the programmers there, but it is always annoying to install their updates. Everytime you get problems with other basic funtionallity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens here too. Clearly  a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2019 now scales images proportionally by default. The aspect ratio is locked automatically. Holding Shift while dragging a corner handle lets you drag the handles in any direction. It will take some getting used to, but it is an easier workflow I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marja: It's better to read the question before you answer.

I did not ask for help regarding scaling behavior. As you can see in the pictures I'm able to handle the new scaling!

I stated a bug that scaled type will keep wrong values in width and heigth, as you can see in the pictures. Both text fields do NOT contain text with 100% in both directions as it is stated in the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been looking for a solution to this as well, did you ever get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines